Join Our Team
Click on the tabs below to view full job position description.
You don’t do accounting because you have a degree with your name on it, but you are passionate about the profession. You are technical and don’t need help moving around in the digital world. You don’t need support to install software or programs and you can quickly and easily grasp software. You can practice your craft anywhere. You can do your craft from the convenience of your home if clients called you they would experience a professional environment (not dogs and crazy pets or toddlers going crazy in the background). You don’t need anyone to pump you to get going. You are a self-starter. You believe that none of us is as smart as all of us. You produce high-quality work! As a team, we move quickly to help our clients win, so we are looking for a technical leader that can balance production and perfection.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the Fulfillment department’s daily operations. Such as completing accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations, accounting system training, systems conversions, budgeting & forecasting, month end closing, financial statements preparation and monitoring key performance indicators.
To succeed in this role, you should also have a problem-solving attitude and a mindset to develop every day!
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Confidence to advise clients based on sound knowledge.
- Ability to build relationships with clients.
- Patience with training team members on higher level projects.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to lead team members to meet deadlines and quarterly goals.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Accounting Degree preferred
- Proficient in Quickbooks Online
- Intermediate level of skill with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications
- A Strong computer skills, MS Excel in particular (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting is required.
- Must have very good verbal skills and writing skills.
- Experience using Google application
- They must be able to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal client pressures.
- Willingness to collaborate with team members from diverse backgrounds
- Experience in accounts receivable or payable.
- Experience with Accounting Firms.
- Proficient in Quickbooks Desktop preferred.
Expected Hours of Work
Required A minimum of 25 hours per week (flextime included)
The bookkeeper position creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information.
The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices.
The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Issue invoices to customers
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Issue financial statements
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
The bookkeeper candidate should have in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the Quickbooks online/desktop accounting software package.
Expected Hours of Work
Between 25-35 hours per week, flextime included
To meet the business’ needs by attending to client service and administrative requirements.
To enable the accounting team to be accountants by owning and continually improving client coordination services which deliver the best experience possible to clients
- Provide support and administrative assistance to Directors/Partners/Managers/Accountants
- Maintaining client database including additions, deletions and changes as needed
- Scheduling annual work to meet client needs and achieve efficient resource management
- Following up with clients on scope sign off and payment of any agreed upfront amount
- Returning client records
- Typing of letters and simple reports to clients
- Filing of paper or electronic documents
- Fee preparation
- Preparing checklist of information
- Reviewing and checking client documents
- Contacting clients for any missing information
- Monitoring workflow
- Monitoring tax due dates>
- Reviewing and chasing accounts receivable
- Systems writing and updating
- Displays a reasonable knowledge and understanding of a professional office environment
- Demonstrated interest in pursuit of following an administration career with a genuine interest in business activities
- Displays each of the following attributes – excellent work ethic / dedication / punctual / initiative / personality / pro-active / attention to detail / organized / self-motivated
- Confident enough to develop client relationships and build rapport with staff, business partners and clients
No formal qualifications are required for this position. However, studies in Business Administration would be highly regarded.
Position Experience Required
- Proven experience in a professional office environment
- Proven experience with office software such as Microsoft Office
- Sound knowledge of general administration processes
- Proven typing ability
- Proven experience in accounts receivable or payable
- Maturity and responsibility
- Experience using accounting systems including Quickbooks Online
- Knowledge of and/or experience using: Aero Workflow
- Workflow management – professional services
- Experience using Google Applications
An experienced web developer and team player who enjoys designing, developing, testing, deploying, and monitoring web-based and other custom software applications for our small business management firm.
The candidate will work with the business manager, designers and others in the marketing department to strategize and execute campaigns that will grow our firm. You will also be responsible for providing technical support for every team member at the firm.
- Provides research and recommendations for new approaches to software development technology
- Develop and maintain the website
- Technical support to all team members for all firms software and applications
- Launch and maintain multiple WordPress installations
- Develop & Design OptimizePress Landing pages
- Build and manage Marketing Campaign Automation
- Maximize the volume of inbound organic traffic from search engines to a website
- Collaborate with marketing team members and other departments
- Monitor And Track website metrics using google analytics
- Brainstorm and Propose Marketing Campaign Ideas
Skills and Experience:
- Proficient understanding of the WordPress content management system; and OptimizePress
- Custom theme development
- Website Security and troubleshooting
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with Photoshop
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Deep functional knowledge of APIs and Web Services
- Experience using Infusionsoft