Why You Should Master QuickBooks as a Small Business Owner
Are you looking for a simple way to manage your business finances? As a small business owner, one of the best tools available to you is QuickBooks, a popular bookkeeping software that makes your record-keeping significantly easier.
Here are some of the top reasons you should master QuickBooks as a small business owner:
- Integration. One of the primary benefits of QuickBooks is that it easily integrates with other software. As soon as you put all of your income and expense data into QuickBooks, you can easily take that data and export it to other programs for tax preparation or other purposes. Microsoft Excel, for example, easily integrates with QuickBooks, which makes it easy to import data from other locations.
- Customization. There are a wide variety of QuickBooks templates you can find to develop your spreadsheets, invoices and business plans, but you can also customize these templates or create your own so you don’t have to feel your documents have a bland, cookie-cutter appearance.
- Accessibility. You can access QuickBooks on a desktop or mobile device from anywhere with an internet connection. Your data will always be automatically synched, meaning you don’t have to worry about losing important information — your records are always all in one place.
- Printing checks. If your business deals with a lot of checks, QuickBooks makes it easy by allowing you to print checks from the software. This allows you to prepare hundreds of checks much more quickly rather than having to write them all out by hand.
- Time savings. So much time goes into keeping paper records or by trying to create your own spreadsheets to track your information. With QuickBooks, you can spend a significantly less amount of time having to double check all your information as it’s much harder to make mistakes with the software. Everyday tasks suddenly are accomplished much faster, giving you time to focus on other important areas of your company.
For more information about the benefits of QuickBooks for small business owners, join our weekly QuickBooks Lunch & Learn.